White screen o' Death Macbook 2011

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum and want some advice.

Here's how it started :

Bought the Macbook Pro 2011 from Apple Store in my local mall (June 10).
Had it Serviced for Logic board issue and hard drive clicking on August 1.
I got it back from service Aug 17 and it looked like I got a used Logic board the power port had black marks on the plastic and also had usage marks inside the USB ports.
Just this week (Aug 24) it started clicking in the morning and when I went to create a bootcamp partition it had an error message and I restarted and got the white screen o' Death. Called Apple Wants me to bring it back to get the hard drive and logic board replaced.

Should I ask for a replacement Unit? I'm a student and can't afford to have my macbook out for a week. Also this is my 5th macbook in 6 years. I have a large music collection and I keep loosing it because of all these repairs. What should I do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Politely speak with the manager of the Apple store and ask for a new MBP. Clearly the one you bought is reeking of lemon juice.... :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13 inch 2011 8GB RAM 750GB Hard Drive and Mac Pro (Early 2009)16GB RAM 2TB x4 Hard Drive
Yes, ask for new one.

I'm using early 2011 MBP too. I hope this's not going to happen to me

wish you'll get new MBP replacement :)

OP
N
Reaction score
Just to add a bad apple on top of that the guy at the apple store was an @$$. Who should I call and talk to over the phone?

Wat should I say to get this thing replaced

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you buy the machine from an Apple Store or from the online Apple Store?

Either way, you need to speak with someone higher up and politely tell them that your machine is new and that this is the second time it has to be repaired and should be replaced with a new one instead.

OP
N
Reaction score
Did you buy the machine from an Apple Store or from the online Apple Store?

Either way, you need to speak with someone higher up and politely tell them that your machine is new and that this is the second time it has to be repaired and should be replaced with a new one instead.

Who should I speak to because I have talked to like 4 departments? Any one department in particular?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Go back to the store in person with the MBP and speak with the store manager. Don't use the phone. As I said above, be polite but persistent.

OP
N
Reaction score
I talk to him over the phone and he was kinda rude. I already gave them the laptop its gonna be shipped monday then 7-14 days after that. So I may not be able to use it again untill 3 weeks. They said they can't do that because of Store policy (2 repairs on the 3rd one replacement). Also Im only 15 and kinda feel weird going in there again while they already have the notebook? Should I still Go?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.