Wont Charge MBP

Reaction score
Well I plugged in my laptop last night and I am getting no power. I know the outlet works but the licht on the plug did not come on. Its only a few months old, is there a setting I might have undone or do I need to get a new cord? Is this under warranty?

Thanks

Cactus52

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is this under warranty?

All Apple computers come with 12 months of Applecare. If this is a manufacturing defect issue...Apple will surely repair or replace for free whatever is wrong. But you have to check with Apple to get the details.

Good luck,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
So long as you bought it new, whether it be from Apple or Best Buy etc.. , it is covered for 1 year by Apple Care. Take it in to your nearest Apple store after making an Genius Bar appointment. You can do that at Apple.com. My 3 year old MBP did the same thing and the logic board needed to be replaced. Not saying that's what will need to be done, but certainly take it in.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.