Lion & System Pref

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" quad-core iMac, 8GB RAM, 2TB HD...15" MBP w/ 4GB RAM...etc.
For some reason, Lion, has "disable auto login" in light gray (inactive). Can't access it. And, it has "ask for password after screen saver is on or computer is asleep" on whether I've selected that option or not.

Any one know how to turn off the first security option with the screen saver/sleep password thing? And a way to allow me to deselect "disable auto login"? I have it on "disable".

Not a big deal but would like to be able to access those features.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Click the lock in the bottom left hand corner to authenticate with admin credentials. Once you do that, you should be able to make those changes.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Click the lock in the bottom left hand corner to authenticate with admin credentials. Once you do that, you should be able to make those changes.

Should have mentioned even if I unlock..I still can't disable "disable auto login" nor the password dialogue box after I've put my iMac into sleep or screen saver mode. :)

Reaction score
Having the same issue here. I think it may be because I have the disk encrypted with File Vault.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Having the same issue here. I think it may be because I have the disk encrypted with File Vault.

That isn't it. It began happening to me before I turned on the encryption for my hard drive on my iMac. So, hopefully Apple will address this and other issues I haven't come across in their first update for 10.7. Or, at least I hope so. We can't be the only ones.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As some of you know Apple just released a security patch file. But no it doesn't fix this. I still can't uncheck "disable auto login". Can't access it. Locked or unlocked.

Either Apple doesn't know about this or haven't worked it out yet. Odd they would let an obvious error go. I guess they figure since it doesn't affect the major features...and is just a minor annoyance...

Maybe in their next security update...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.