Apps that do not load or run

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I have an iPad1.

More and more Apps now just fail to load or run - just crashing back to the Homescreen whilst loading. None of them state they require iPad2. I have the latest version of iOS.

Why does this happen please? I tried unloading all other Apps, just in case the new ones required more memory, but they still just crash. Some of them have reports in the Store of problems (so fair enough for those) but others do not indicate anyone else has problems.

Most Apps run fine so I don't think the problem is with the iPad, unless Apps are coming out which are iPad2 only.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I have an iPad1.

More and more Apps now just fail to load or run - just crashing back to the Homescreen whilst loading. None of them state they require iPad2. I have the latest version of iOS.

Why does this happen please? I tried unloading all other Apps, just in case the new ones required more memory, but they still just crash. Some of them have reports in the Store of problems (so fair enough for those) but others do not indicate anyone else has problems.

Most Apps run fine so I don't think the problem is with the iPad, unless Apps are coming out which are iPad2 only.

Try doing a hard reset to see if that helps. (hold Home and Sleep buttons until you see the Apple icon)

May not work, but I have found that when things start acting flakey on my iPad this usually sorts things out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
If the hard reset by itself doesn't work - I've found closing all background apps (home button double click, press and hold any app, start hitting the close button on every open app) - then doing a hard reset tends to let everything run again.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Thankyou so much for that advice.

All of the Apps with which I was having problems now load and run.

Wonderful to have WeRule and WeFarm back again - I missed them :)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Thankyou so much for that advice.

All of the Apps with which I was having problems now load and run.

Wonderful to have WeRule and WeFarm back again - I missed them :)

On behalf of the both of us, you are welcome. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.