Os Lion continuous login screen loop

Reaction score
I upgraded my 2009 MacBook Pro from Snow Leopard to Lion a few weeks ago, and have had no problems uptil now. I tried to login this morning, and when I enter my password, I see a white screen for a few seconds, and then it goes back to login screen asking for my password again. This keeps on happening and when I login in safemode its the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated to solve this issue. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New "unibody" macbook pro 2.4Ghz, 250 SSD, 4GbDDR3 RAM; Mac OS X Leopard, Parallels (Vista Ult, XP)
This happened to me when I installed Lion initially (upon it's release a few weeks ago).
As it turns out, I had two things loading upon startup...Logmein, and a Diamond USB to DVI video adapter.
So I booted into safe mode, uninstalled Logmein and that Diamond driver, and it fixed my problem.

Apple was unable to resolve this..I had to figure this one out on my own. Take a look at what's starting up when you boot that machine...for me it was one of those two applications which was causing the problem.

Hope this helps

OP
D
Reaction score
I have a feeling that I had a similar issue, however my computer even stopped booting into safe mode, so I could not disable whichever software was causing the problem. I ended up reinstalling the OS and now it is working fine. I also did not lose any data after the reinstall so glad about that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.