Bluetooth devic on two macs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Can a Bluetooth periph (magic trackpad, mighty mouse, keyboard) be attached to 2 macs? iMac and MacBook? I don't want to do this (since I don't have 2 macs mainly) I just thought it would be neat.

C

chas_m

It CAN be done, but it's kinda tricky. Mainly, you have to turn the Bluetooth completely OFF on the machine you're not using, otherwise it will try to pair with the device again (I'm assuming you mean 2 Macs that are in proximity to one another).

If the two Macs are not close by each other, then yes it works fine.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have my Apple BT keyboard paired with both my iMac and iPad. If both are on, one will win and use it. Like Chas said, it's tricky but you can do it.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I need to try this gain. The last time I tried this I could not seem to get things working with the BT keyboard and two Mac that are in different rooms but only about 40 feet apart.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Neat, i thought there was some tricks to it. I would like to own a mac mini for my HDTV set up in the near future. This trick would will be implemented then, hopefully.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.