mac email issue

Reaction score
nothing earth shattering, but I put an address into "address", I mis spelled the email address, I corrected the email address, but when I go to email and try to send a email to that person, it always shows the mis-spelled email as an email, and it will send it out, it always comes back as non deliverable. the correct email is in the list also, but it is 3rd, 1 and 2 are the mis spelled one, how do I correct, more of a hassle than anything?..... Dennis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
In mail in new message type persons name move cursor over the name it should now be highlighted with a small down arrow to the right click on that and it should show you editing choose remove from address to terminate it.

OP
D
Reaction score
I have tried that and it

only deletes it from the to/cc header, it does not remove the ghost email address that was deleted in the address book.????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Mail>Window >Previous Recipents > click on address to be removed >Remove From List

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks osxx

that took care of my issue, nothing major, but with multiple addresses and 1 being wrong, it always selected the wrong address first in the list, and so did i. thanks for the assist. Dennis

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.