Iphone Sync with new MBP

Reaction score
I just bought a MBP and have a 27" Imac. I did the merge assistant to get all the same files on my Imac to my MBP.

If I hook up my Iphone to my MBP will it sync or will I loose data? I have it syncd to the Imac and will still be using the Imac so if not its not a big deal just curious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
If you migrated the user that contains the mobilesync backups for your iphone and your itunes library, contacts, and such it should not have a problem. I migrated my user account over from a snow leopard 10.6 machine to the new lion 10.7 mac mini I purchased and the sync worked fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
You can only sync with one Mac at a time. If you sync with one, it will replace the contents previous "sunk" with the other. You'll need to choose one or the other.

Note that you can "hook it up" to the new machine (plug it into the USB port) without issue, but you just don't want to push the Sync button in iTunes unless you really mean it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Good point. I was assuming somehow that he was going to be using the MBP for syncing now instead of the iMac. Thanks for mentioning that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.