• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Eye Correction Surgery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Do you realize that those are very common problems with patents who had cataracts? LASIK eye surgery is a procedure that is done usually in less than 10 minutes and have the highest normal surgical success rate(26% of correcting the worst eye problem, and 98% of correcting a normal problem). Don't be petrified of your mom's outcomes when that is almost to be expected...unless you have the same problem...which I doubt.
Had a friend who had Lasik surgery and had the same outcome with halos. Can't bring myself to chance it just for vanity's sake

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
My next procedure has to be the Corneal Cross-linking...but I'm petrified of it because you have to stay in the supine position for 2 hours with your eyes open. I worried that I will freak out. lol.

I just did a bit of reading about that procedure. I was worried about that when I had the transplant procedure and it only took about 45 min to an hour (plus the prep time of course). In my case the local anesthesia did the trick as far as keeping me still. It's a bit creepy hearing everything while they are operating on you.

From the reading I have done about the cross linking procedure the one thing it points out rather well is why some people are not good candidates for the various refractive procedures.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I just did a bit of reading about that procedure. I was worried about that when I had the transplant procedure and it only took about 45 min to an hour (plus the prep time of course). In my case the local anesthesia did the trick as far as keeping me still. It's a bit creepy hearing everything while they are operating on you.

From the reading I have done about the cross linking procedure the one thing it points out rather well is why some people are not good candidates for the various refractive procedures.

Yeah, I used to be worried about me having to keep my eye open, but then I had my first examination and realized that the anesthesia actually numbed my eye and stopped that dry feeling that would cause me to blink. My only problem is that I could barely hold still for 10 minutes. I wish they could just put me to sleep! lol

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Yeah, I used to be worried about me having to keep my eye open, but then I had my first examination and realized that the anesthesia actually numbed my eye and stopped that dry feeling that would cause me to blink. My only problem is that I could barely hold still for 10 minutes. I wish they could just put me to sleep! lol

I agree. I did fall asleep when they did the second surgery. My mother was really nervous about it being an outpatient surgery. When she had it sometimes in the 70's I think the procedure was about two weeks in the hospital at that time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.