Stacks Overlay Icons with Lion

Reaction score
Looking for some help on with an issue I've been having with using stacks overlay icons in Lion.

I'm using these overlays (Icon Download) so I can quickly identify which stack is which.

The problem is, I'd like to sort my download stack by date added. However, each time a new item is added the drawer icon gets covered up.

I've trying using Automator to make a script to move that icon from download folder the the desktop then back to the download folder so that it is the last item added. It works great when I run inside Automator but doesn't work at all once I attach the action to my download folder.

The script I've put together in Automator looks like this
automator-date-added.png

Anyone have any advice on how to solve this in Lion (either through Automator or otherwise)? Thanks in advance for your help.

Reaction score
I used to use them with snow leopard with no problem. but since I upgraded to lion same thing keeps happening to me. every time I add a file into the folder it gets in front of the icon file which I named "______" and sort is filename. any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.