Newbie web search engine questions please

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I am a massage therapist and I am developing my web page. People have told me to check it in different browsers to make sure it displays correctly. I have already found one mistake between safari and IE. Please suggest which browsers I should have on my mac to check for these errors. I have downloaded firefox and chrome but have not installed them yet. The site itself is a cookie cutter site provided by my massage sponsor. It looks pretty good, but I am looking forward to making one of my own when I know more. I am also looking for suggestions on having my site show up sooner than page 45! I have registered with Google analytics and have a pending account with google places. I know there are probably lots of tricks, but for now I need to keep it free.
Any suggestions are appreciated!
Thanks!
Christopher

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
As a website designer you should check your site with the four major browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome...Opera too if you have time..:) )..now mind you that a TON of people are still using IE 6.0, by far the WORST browser of the bunch and only in recent IE 8.0/9.0 have they finally gotten complaint enough with standards..

So you will find yourself making tweaks/fixes to get things to show up properly on IE 6.0 and the other browsers should large all behave and look the same..

For this reason alone I run a VM with WinXP and a package that allows me to run IE 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and newer versions side-by-side so that I can test websites that I design..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod touch itouch 32GB 3G (3rd Generation) MC008LL/A, 3.5 inch
Hi Everyone!
I am a massage therapist and I am developing my web page. People have told me to check it in different browsers to make sure it displays correctly. I have already found one mistake between safari and IE. Please suggest which browsers I should have on my mac to check for these errors. I have downloaded firefox and chrome but have not installed them yet. The site itself is a cookie cutter site provided by my massage sponsor. It looks pretty good, but I am looking forward to making one of my own when I know more. I am also looking for suggestions on having my site show up sooner than page 45! I have registered with Google analytics and have a pending account with google places. I know there are probably lots of tricks, but for now I need to keep it free.
Any suggestions are appreciated!
Thanks!
Christopher

I am not so knowledgeable about the installation of IE and Safari on Mac, but I can access the Internet easily and quickly on my ipod with IE. Tips to increase the popularity of your site, try to submit articles to article directory of high page rank and active in the forums by leaving a link to your website in your signature.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
No recent version of IE runs on Mac's and definitely not on any iOS devices..

As far as increasing your status goes, it's a matter of ensuring proper SEO on the site and then linking yourself to other directories and so on..the more relevant your site is to a search and the more links you have coming in, the higher your rank usually is..but a lot of search engines don't tell you exactly what is needed to be ranked higher than others..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.