disk utility hierarchies

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
quadcore 3ghz macpro, osx 10.6.8
i'd like to rearrange the order in which my drives appear in disk utility, somehow my project disk has jumped to the top of the list whereas my startup drive should be there (it's in top position on the desktop)

(i'd like it this way coz i recently made a major mistake backing up to the wrong disk based on a purely visual assessment of what was what in disk utility:Oops:)

thankz in advance for any help

sunb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It does not really matter, however the drives appear in the order in which they boot. Go into System Preferences > Startup Disk and select the boot drive.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i tried rebooting from startup disk via prefs but that doesn't change the order of appearance in disk utility

i fully realize this doesn't matter in terms of functionality but it matters to me for the reason i gave in my original post

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
know this is a relatively dull subject and maybe i should've posted over in the newbie zone but...

anyone?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.