Does Autocad for properly in Mac, help needed please

DrO

Reaction score
Dear Members

I am wondering whether Autocad can be used properly in my 15 inches Mackbook Pro (late 2010 model)
I was given information that “Autocad does not work properly in Macs” and I was suggested to "install it in a Windows computer" (somehow I am nbot convinced by that explanation) . I have an old Windows pc (XP OS) and I don’t want to install Autocad on it. If Autocad does not work properly in Mac OS, I am willing to run it on Windows paralles on my Mac.
So, the main question is: Does Autocad run properly on Mac Os (Snow leopard or Lion)

You input is very much appreciated

Regards

DrO

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
AutoCAD is available for Mac:

AutoCAD for Mac Design Software - Autodesk

If you already own the Windows version of it, you could potentially install Windows on your Mac to run it that way. But to answer your specific question - yes, AutoCAD runs properly on the Mac OS, provided that you have the Mac version of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
To clarify, Autocad runs perfectly on Snow Leopard. Unless they have released an update that I'm not aware of (haven't looked in a couple weeks), Autocad is not Lion compatible as this time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2011
have u got any idea if AutoCAD is compatible with mountain lion?? I have a student licensed AutoCAD which worked fine when i got it while on Snow leopard, but when i tried opening it recently after many months on Mountain Lion it just keeps crashing, never opens.......a friend of mine with mountain lion has the same problem
got an AutoCAD assignment due in a couple of weeks, so kinda urgent

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
have u got any idea if AutoCAD is compatible with mountain lion?? I have a student licensed AutoCAD which worked fine when i got it while on Snow leopard, but when i tried opening it recently after many months on Mountain Lion it just keeps crashing, never opens.......a friend of mine with mountain lion has the same problem
got an AutoCAD assignment due in a couple of weeks, so kinda urgent

There have been several different major updates for AutoCAD for the Mac. You didn't mention whether you'd ever installed one of them. So, the first thing to do will be to check with AutoDesk and get on the latest patch.

You might try starting here:

Autodesk - AutoCAD for Mac Services & Support - AutoCAD 2011 for Mac Update 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2011
I have installed it and used it on Snow Leopard, worked fine, but when I tried opening it for the first time on Mountain Lion it did not open, just gave a crash report
yeah thanks for the link, hope it works
btw, so should these updates be done manually? No way to automatically check for updates?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have installed it and used it on Snow Leopard, worked fine, but when I tried opening it for the first time on Mountain Lion it did not open, just gave a crash report
yeah thanks for the link, hope it works
btw, so should these updates be done manually? No way to automatically check for updates?

Not sure. I would check your documentation and/or with Autodesk support. They look like pretty big patches, so sometimes those do require manual updates.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.