stucked between lion & snow leopard

Reaction score
i'm new to the mac world. purchased a mac book pro in july 2011. upgraded to lion. had many problems. i went to mac os x utilities (for lion) by pressing command + R & erased the harddrive. now i'm stucked with several technical issues.

1. power
now it only powers on when I press Control-Command-Option-POWER with external power. no response when i press power, or control-command-power, or command-option-p-r, or command-option-shift-del, or without external power.

2. boot from snow leopard dvd
i cannot boot snow leopard dvd (that came with the mac, installation dvd, not bootable snow leopard dvd) from the dvd rom. the dvd is readable by mac. the dvd rom is working. i've tried booting from dvd-rom by holding c, or option, or alt. but it only takes me to mac os x utilities (for lion)

3. can't reinstall lion via internet
mac os x utilities (for lion) gives me an option to reinstall lion via internet. it will take approximately 6 hours to reinstall. but i'm living in a remote region where internet is not stable. so i'm unable to reinstall lion even if i want to.

is there a way to get a bootable snow leopard? any suggestion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
you may have to take a trip to the nearest apple store download lion from there.
Make sure you make a install disk before installing. Also make a boot able recovery usb disk. I am sure the apple store personnel are helpful with your
situation. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.