PB sketchy game performance..

M

menace3054

Last night i was sitting in bed with my PB. My internet connection wouldnt reach that far (wirelessly) so i was playing nes games on nestopia. I had the processor set to auto originally, and the game was so choppy and slow to respond. I then set the setting to highest, and it played slightly better, but still badly. I then downloaded rocknes, and it played the same..

i used to play nes roms on my powermac all the time. i figured there should be no problem playing it on a 1.67 ghz g4 with 2 gb of ram. I guess i was wrong? any ideas??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I used to have NEStopia and I thought it was very choppy, framerate fluctuated all the time, but now I have RockNES also.
Try going into the Preferences of RockNes and see if you can find the actual framerate, when I downloaded mine it was set to a really low number, 7 i think, and would barely run, but I just cranked it up and it works great. Try that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.