Graphic card problems etc on iMac.

Reaction score
Hi, having some problems. Im having the newest iMac the one on the top right: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...co=MjIwNTQyNjE

Graphic card is: 1GB AMD Radeon HD 6970M, graphic card driver rutines is up to date acording to AMDs website.

Im only using the computer in windows 7 64bit using bootcamp.

I have 2 problems.

Problem 1: Sometimes computer just doesnt start, have to unplug electricity, try the on button multiple times and sometimes it takes like 5-10 minutes of doing this repeatedely, any clue what this can be a sign of?

Problem 2: Sometimes a popup comes up in the bottom left corner saying something like graphic card stopped working, same time if Im watching movies or streams ets they stop getting any picture, if I try to get a movie or video running again by refreshing the stream or opening the movie again I get what I think its called "the blue screen of death" This one OBV has to do with the graphic card but seeing as how AMD says its up to date its weird. Or maybe I also need to boot into mac mode and update aswell?

Would apreciate any help.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'd suggest booting into OS X - if for nothing else to find out if you have a graphics card issue that needs to be addressed under warranty by Apple or if you have a Windows driver issue.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I'd say problem #1 is sufficiently troubling as to go ahead and make an appointment with a Genius.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.