Calendar on iPhone 4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i5, 4GB, 500Gb HD, MBP372B/A, 15.6"
Good evening folks,

I often book appointments 1 year or two years ahead, and working with iCal and iPhone and iPad is all good enough for me although tbh I would prefer something better calendar wise. I have three questions on this topic though if you can help?

1) How can I just fast to say July 2012 or September 2013 on the iPhone calendar function? It seems to only allow to scroll a month at a time, whereas on iPhad there is a button for year ??

2) I have a heap of QuickTime video tutorials downloaded off CreativeLive, and want to put them on my iPad. I am having a mind block on how to get them onto the iPad for viewing?

3) Anyone recommend a diary / calendar that I can add notes to in length that will sync with my iPhone / iPad ?

I use NoteShelf for taking hand written notes while meeting clients, so I can export those as PDF's and print out no problem, and can even chuck to EverNote. I just wish this had a good diary function?

Thank in advance

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
1) On the iPhone you can hold the right arrow to switch months down and it will jump through the months pretty quickly, in less than a couple of seconds I was at September 2015..

2) You will need to convert it to a format that iTunes like, handbrake should help you as far as that goes

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Raz0rEdge many thanks for the Calendar one ... perfect, worked a treat. Moves faster than my eyes now ...lol

Hmmm ... didnt want to do that as they are HD quality downloads, so I have went off and checked them and I think I have made a little mistake.

All the files are complete with the .MOV file extension, therefore they should work straight on the iPad ? They play perfectly on the MBP ???

Thanks, have I made a mistake?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can always try adding the movies to iTunes and see if it complains, and if not, try sync'ing them to your iPad and see what happens..

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, ported the MOV files over no problem, but individually, therefore they arent in the classes in which they were downloaded if that makes sense. Its a course you see. Any idea how to put them into folders, as I added the folder to library but it seemed to put them in all individually.

Oh .... and it rapidly become obvious I now need a bigger iPad 2 .. lol 16Gb just aint enough !

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As far as I know the movies are all kept and sync'ed individually and will show up in that fashion on the iOS device..I don't believe you can enforce any order on them..

Depending on the length of the videos, you might want to sync only a handful at a time to not only easily/quickly know which ones to watch and not run out of space quickly..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8GHz, 4GB RAM 15" MBP (Late 2008)
I think you're talking about the files losing their original metadata tags when you encoded them into a new format. I use MetaX to tag all my mp4 files, you might want to try that.

Reaction score
on my iphone 4 i have some songs i want on my itunes library whenever i hit transfer it just goes to syncing mode and then immediately stops its really annoying HELP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.