Charger port , battery or logic board broken?

Reaction score
I was charging my laptop ( Macbook Pro 13 inch , june 2010 ) and then when I was charging it there was a spark on adaptor and then suddenly my charger won't work but my mac was still open and it was working properly and all that but it just won't charge. I restarted it and opened the back and cleAned it but to no avail. I tried it on my friend's charger at school and it also won't work on my mac but it works for her , so it's not just the charger.
I took it to a mac repair shop and they said it would take two weeks because they had to take it to Jakarta , apple and we didn't know if I had warranty still. I told them to contact me or I will contact them but I couldn't contact them so I emailed them and they called me because It's now it's nearly two weeks ( tomorrow it will be ) I called them and asked if it's ready for pick up tomorrow they said no , the ' Logic Board ' is broken and the cost is quite expensive. $ 600 USD ;( and they said I need to deposit $ 100 first and then in 2 weeks I can get it while paying the rest amount needed. :'(:'(:'(:'( .

What do you think? Is it really the logic board? I didn't spill on it or anything.

I just checked I have no more warranty...

I'm having trouble with my school works because of this...

Any suggestions or ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thank you..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's difficult to try and diagnose something like that in a forum but I'll give you an opinion. The spark you saw (short or whatever) may have overloaded the DC input board and knocked it out. That is a relatively inexpensive repair.

However, it could also have damaged the logic board which would mean that it has to be replaced. Since you're not in the US or Canada where you would have more choices to have it repaired or get a second opinion, you have to more or less depend on what they told you.

The next time you buy an Apple notebook, buy Apple care or an extended warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.