• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple to hold special event next week

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Let the guessing and predictions begin.

OP
S

sursuciofla

Want to hear a couple of predictions?

I will die :black:

There will also be an update one day.

Reaction score
video download store or iPod video, both useless in my opinion.

Reaction score
intel release sooner than expected.....my guess

OP
S

sursuciofla

The iPod Tic. Conveniently attaches to your skin and is powered by body heat. Attaches to computer via firewire connector, connector to accomodate the smallness, the size of a full grown tick.

For real though I was watching Fox News Channel and saw this phone that you attach to your finger like a ring and then stick your finger in your ear. The reception travels through the persons bones. Creepy but real and I think it was in Japan of course. I will try and find an article on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
prodikal said:
"One more thing...." "Before we switch to intel.... G5 POWERBOOKS!!
One more thing....Before we switch to Intel...twin-CPU dual-core G5s?

Just a bit of totally unwarranted speculation. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Recently the Mac minis have been getting 1.5 GHz G4s put in them; this is either a quiet transition on Apple's part, or a massive accident. Assuming it's not an accident, Either A. Apple has put a bunch of its somewhat high-end G4s into the mini despite its already low supply of the chips for Powerbooks or B. The Powerbooks will no longer be using this processor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
badmojo said:
Video iPods. Appleinsider is calling it and I believe 'em.

It would make sense... with the event invitation saying... "One more thing... [after the Nano] " Above an image of closed theater curtains...

Sounds like a video iPod to me...

(A little more unwarranted speculation... just for grins ;))

OP
L

lil

johninc said:
HEY that was gunna be what I post bleh.
Anyways I'm set to purchase if the Video iPod is released

Power Mac G5 upgrade based on the 970MP has my money :flower:

The current configs haven't sold quite as well, and if we are ever to make the promised 3GHz, the 970MP is the only core with that kind of promise.

As for a PowerBook upgrade, potentially based on the Freescale 7448 instead of the 7447 G4.

But speculation as ever; but this would fit in with keeping the 'Power' machines with the latest PPC technology for the G4/G5 lines and perhaps holding off on the consumer end Macs readying them for Intel.

Also maybe 10.4.3 update released to the public.

Speculation as ever but this is my attempt at an educated guess.

Vicky :flower:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Ah... Photoshop is fun.

I call it... iVideoNanoPod :p

ipodvideo.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
lil said:
Power Mac G5 upgrade based on the 970MP has my money :flower:

The current configs haven't sold quite as well, and if we are ever to make the promised 3GHz, the 970MP is the only core with that kind of promise.

As for a PowerBook upgrade, potentially based on the Freescale 7448 instead of the 7447 G4.

But speculation as ever; but this would fit in with keeping the 'Power' machines with the latest PPC technology for the G4/G5 lines and perhaps holding off on the consumer end Macs readying them for Intel.

Also maybe 10.4.3 update released to the public.

Speculation as ever but this is my attempt at an educated guess.

Vicky :flower:

I'll have to whine to my friend in reasearch and development if they don't release the video. It....it'd be a tragedy!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
sarahsboy18 said:
Ah... Photoshop is fun.

I call it... iVideoNanoPod :p

But the engadget pic is definately not photoshopped.

O and thats a scene from history of violence. +10 points to me.

OP
M

menace3054

it has to be powermacs/books. financially, apple would be beyond retarted to release a new ipod. the sales of their nano is so high right now, surely a new ipod would take away from that. I dont think theyll release a video ipod until the sales of the nano starts to level off

OP
S

sursuciofla

menace3054 said:
it has to be powermacs/books. financially, apple would be beyond retarted to release a new ipod. the sales of their nano is so high right now, surely a new ipod would take away from that. I dont think theyll release a video ipod until the sales of the nano starts to level off

Yeah ipod sales are fine even though regular iPods have slowed down the iPod in general have strong sales. But they want to increase their power models to generate more excitement for the holiday season. Like you said it only makes sense. How many ipods does it take to sell before it equals the sell of a powerbook or powermac? There ya go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.