MacBook Air with Lion Safari Setup

Reaction score
I have Empty Page as my new tab setting and blank as homepage.

I have a single tab open at some site and want to close the site without having to close Safari. My single tab does not have a closing X. If I select Home nothing happens.

Can this be done?

Thanks

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I have Empty Page as my new tab setting and blank as homepage.

I have a single tab open at some site and want to close the site without having to close Safari. My single tab does not have a closing X. If I select Home nothing happens.

Can this be done?

Thanks

Mike

Hi, No this looks to be a feature. If it's any consolation Firefox is the same and it annoys me greatly!

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you. I wonder if any extensions are available to fix that?

My approach now is to open another Tab which comes up empty then close the site. I have got a new Tab button on my toolbar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Thank you. I wonder if any extensions are available to fix that?

My approach now is to open another Tab which comes up empty then close the site. I have got a new Tab button on my toolbar.

Ditto!! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.