Possible logic board failure? Help Please

Reaction score
My mac in the last couple days started doing a funky thing where the screen gets all distorted and checker boardy. I recently put put new ram in it. Two Corsair 4 gig sticks. I'm wondering if this could be causeing problems or is it a possible logic board failure. I also run it to an external monitor but this seem to hapon both screens.

see attached images

Screen shot upload 2.jpg

screen shot upload.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Take the new RAM out, put the old RAM in.. see if it continues. If it does NOT, your cause is the RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
I seem to hear issues with Corsair RAM more than most. Patriot RAM is another. They just don't seem to be as compatible for Macs as other brands. Most of us here would recommend purchasing RAM from a site specializing in Mac upgrades. Other World Computing is a great resource for Mac compatible RAM and other hardware. Crucial is also a very reputable brand and Mac friendly.

Reaction score
I exactly had the same problem. MBP 15" 2,2 i7, upgraded to 8Gb from corsair and i have some freeze and distorted screen. I took it to the AASP and he changed me the logic board, but didnt put the cosair, RAM back in it, it might cause failure again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2011 2.4GHZ 4GB Ram 500GB HD
You can get better ram at crucial.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.