Can't connect my wireless keyboard

Reaction score
Ok had a 2nd hand wireless keyboard only had it for 2 months then i had to replace the batteries, now it will not re connect with bluetooth, just says ''no keyboard found'' any ideas what's up.:Not-Amused:

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Not without more info on the keyboard. But, most of them will have a 'Connect' button on the bottom - did you press it to make it discoverable?

Reaction score
Cannot connect wireless to mac

Hey I hope you figured out your sitch but for those of you who need advice and tried a multitude of solutions and not come up with one. Here is what I did.

I got a cheapo wireless keyboard that is virtually the same as the mac wireless mini keyboard. This connection process is kind of weird.

Problem: I cannot connect my wireless keyboard to my mac OR it is not being discovered.

Solution
1. Turn on your keyboard
2. Que up your bluetooth setting by clicking on the bluetooth icon in the top righthand/middle of your screen and click "Setup Bluetooth Device" click on that
3. On your keyboard HOLD DOWN the connect/pair/reset (whatever) probably a smaller button keep it held down
4. Your mac should be providing you with an activation code and commanding you to press return afterwards. (EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NO PLACE TO TYPE _TYPE THE CODE AND RETURN ANYWAY)

OK so what may have worked was holding the connect key down for an extended period of time OR doing what I told you to do above. Try Both!!

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.