Problems with wireless signal

Reaction score
whats up dudes? I'm new to this site and am tired of searching google lol. anywho- i have a 15inch macbook pro (bought in 2008) and its awesome. the only problem is that recently (about half a year or so) my signal strength has gone down and my internet is pretty slow. even if i do have all the bars filled in. when i was at home (recently moved to cali) i bridged my routers and still, my internet was slow. signal was great, but internet was slow. i just ignored it and said whatever to it. now that i have moved ive been staying in a couple hotels with a buddy of mine. he has a regular macbook and has great signal and internet and ill be sitting right next to him with one bar filled and its slow. it doesnt make sense. right now as im typing this i have 3 out of the four bars filled in and its doing ok. my friend has all his filled and his internet is great. i read something online where you can get this "afterthemac wireless usb" thing. but what the ****?? i already have wireless. it just sucks. ive done the system update and everything. i dont get it...im pretty computer savvy so feel free to get a little technical. just for some reason i cant figure this out. thanks guys!
-Joe

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.