screen sharing

Reaction score
Hello!

Does anyone here know how I can share my screen with my prospects to do a sales presentation?

I know there are plenty of ways to access your own various computers and devices, but the people that I want to have access to my screen don't own my computer and I don't want them to have the ability to access my screen when we are finished with our session.

I found glance.com which is exactly what I am looking for but it is $50/mnth. To me that is ridiculous. Gotomypc can do it for $10/mnth which is more reasonable to me, but I am guessing that it might be easier than I think, if I only knew how.

I have a just new macbook pro with Lion. I also have Apple Remote Desktop which is more for administering your network clients (i think).

Your help is much appreciated.
WM

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You didn't mention which version of OS X you have, but take a look at this article which explains how to do it with Lion (OS X 10.7). LINK

OP
W
Reaction score
You didn't mention which version of OS X you have, but take a look at this article which explains how to do it with Lion (OS X 10.7). LINK

this article explains how to share with computers on your network

i don't want to share my screen with anyone on my network.

i want to share my screen with people in the world, not on my network, out there in their homes and at their desks, people i do not work with, people i may have never met before, just anyone with an internet connection, as mentioned in my original post, and again without spending mega bucks on glance.com (also gotomypc.com does not have screen sharing with macs) logmein.com works well and it's only $70/yr, which is not bad, but again, i still seem to think that there is a way to do this using the resources i have here on the system without subscribing or purchasing software, if i am incorrect then so be it, but since this is a mac forum y'all would know best!

thanks for your help in advance!!! :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, sorry but it looks like you're going to need to use something like LogMein paying the $70 / year. I can't find anything else that meets your requirements and free at the same time. Even the free LogMein doesn't do what you want.

OP
W
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry but it looks like you're going to need to use something like LogMein paying the $70 / year. I can't find anything else that meets your requirements and free at the same time. Even the free LogMein doesn't do what you want.

Thanks for checking dude!! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.