Important News Regarding our Community Leader, Schweb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I've been gone for a while. Sad to see this. Only talked to Schweb a few times but it is always sad to hear about something passing.

Rest in peace Schweb.

Reaction score
Wow, too busy this summer to be on the forum and come back and read this. I am shocked and saddened. This forum will never be the same. It has lost it's Leader. One who was always there to help someone out with his vast knowlege.
RIP Bryan 'Schweb', you are missed :( And my condolences to Bryan's family.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I passed along this thread to schweb's mother just last week, so that all of you could be heard by his family. She said all the comments were very uplifting and amazed by how he affected people.

I was a very close friend to schweb and visited him in Cleveland as I live less than two hours away from him. I actually visited him the last week he was with us, then a couple of days later I got a phone call about his state and the rest that followed that night. I will always be proud to call him my personal friend.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Not a problem my friend and thanks for showing this to his family. Take care!

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks for sharing it with her iWhat, and please wish her all of our best.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks for sharing that for us.

Reaction score
So sad to hear about this sudden event.. I'm too new to this forum to have known Schweb, but I feel for his family's loss nonetheless. Glad to know his mother knows how many lives he he touched in this and other communities.

I'm sure he's in a better place......Godspeed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I am so very sad to have come back after more then a year away to be greeted with this saddest of news..
I didn't have a great deal of contact with our leader but what I did have was always positive ( even when getting a "what for" from him).
This will never be the same place again.....

My heart goes out to his family and those of you that were able to call him friend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I've been away from mac-forums for quite a while. I got my 'education' in Macs here and hearing that Schweb is gone is like finding out one of your impactful professors has passed. I didn't know him personally, but he did a great job keeping this place going and growing.

RIP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
I too have been away for quite some time, my late condolences to the family, I've had a few reply posts here with him and he's always been gracious and educational where he had to be, he will be missed, rest in peace man.

nbrowser

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Words can't express the emotions I felt when I opened this thread. RIP, you will be missed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
My word. I feel like such a tool. I just found out about Schweb's passing. I don't know how I missed it. Either way, it's very sad news indeed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Was just browsing the forums, and even though I've never heard Bryan's voice, I kind of "heard" it in my head just now and feelings of both happiness and sadness washed over me at the same time.

Just wanted to share that. Kind of ironic that Ghostshadow posted about his passing just yesterday. Maybe Bryan is lingering more than we know...

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Losing family

I've just arrived at this forum, but even a casual glance at some of Schweb's forums announced him as astute and attentive.

I've suffered family losses and one really never recovers and my very deep heartfelt sympathy goes out to his family. Our lives are shattered and it's a struggle to get one foot in front of the other. The universe can be a cold, lonely place. I am so sorry.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 13, iPhone SE 2, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I regret to say that I did not know Brian at all. Despite being a member for some years I have only just become a paid subscriber in an attempt to start giving back a little to what has been a very valuable resource. I mourn the passing of an astute and dedicated man.
My heartfelt condolences to his family and those who knew him well. RIP Brian.

C

chas_m

Just for any other new people who are drawn to this thread because of some new messages, Brian (Schweb) actually passed in August of 2011. He was and continues to be a big influence on the quality of the people who stick around here and how this forum is run, even if some of us didn't "know" him (virtually through the forum or in person). Nice to see that some folks continue to pay respects; this forum was lucky to have him.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.