• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Working On A Brand New Never Before Seen Mac For This Year’s End!! or are they?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
i think there is a missing mid range between the mac mini and the mac pro.

a cube with upgradeable vid card or at least 2 pci-e slots in it would be great for about $1000-$1200

I honestly do think that would sell well to for them and bridge that gap from a full mac pro from the mac mini/imac crowd.

If nothing else it would satisfy the gaming crowd, with a small selection of video cards that apple could support say 5 upgrades a year would not kill an OS for video drivers.

This coming from a tinkerer who does not game :) how funny is that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I still want and am getting an imac 27 inch. I really want that ability to have 2 windows open beside each other.

Reaction score
mac book

How about a New Mac book and New Mac Book Pro that has two screens and one of the screens is a touch screen key board.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3Gs & White iBook PPC
Ha, love those iGlasses! Brilliant. Then I wouldn't have to use a magnifying glass with my iphone. 8) Aging Boomer here.

As for the topic, what I'm praying for is Apple will invent a small netbook-sized BACKUP/SYNC/RESTORE/UPDATE device strictly for iphone so we don't have to buy a "whole new computer/laptop" just to do that. (And it would be nice if it also allowed certain WordPress blog admin duties that don't work from iphone, etc.)

I no longer use my 2006 PPC white ibook for over two years since iphone entered my world. Technically I'm due for a new laptop just to keep up with all the new updates, OSs, iOSs, etc. (HD on prior ibook too small, DVD is broken, it's PPC vs Intel, etc.) but I really don't want/need a full-fledged new expensive laptop... just something smaller & cheaper to update/backup this iphone sucker! And sure, there's MBAir but still too big. Make it netbook-size & cheaper & I'll reconsider. :)

BTW, newbie to the forum!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
There is another option the Mini.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yaaah, thanks OSXX (OS.20+? :) ), but mini, though cute as pie, is still a "desktop" in that it needs a monitor, right? Now if I could plug my iphone directly into it & use the iphone as the monitor, that might suffice. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Yaaah, thanks OSXX (OS.20+? :) ), but mini, though cute as pie, is still a "desktop" in that it needs a monitor, right? Now if I could plug my iphone directly into it & use the iphone as the monitor, that might suffice. ;)

I was actually thinking plug it in a nice big flat panel TV and kick back in the easy chair with a Bluetooth keyboard/trackpad.

Reaction score
It seems more likely that Apple will finally debut the rumored Apple TV (no, not Apple TV, but an actual television) that will serve both as a hi-def display in a much larger screen size, as well as have full computing capabilities, sort of like a much larger and more elegant iMac.

Build in Netflix, Apple TV, Airport, Thunderbolt, etc. and they could have a serious winner on their hands, as long as they partnered with the right display manufacturer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was actually thinking plug it in a nice big flat panel TV and kick back in the easy chair with a Bluetooth keyboard/trackpad.

heehee, You got me on that one, osxx! I was obviously "thinking too small." ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.