Time machine

Reaction score
Why cant time machine start the backup when i turn it on to make a backup, it allways starts after 45 minutes, also how to limit the amount of backups.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
You can select back up now on the drop down in the menu bar.
There never has been the ability to change the time it backs up every hour on the hour from when its activated unless its turned off or unable to locate drive.

OP
J
Reaction score
Er drop down in the menu bar???
There is no drop down, and the menu bar at the top of screen is some kind of system settings thing.
So i am lost here again with this mac system.
Its soooooooooo much easier with ms windows, opps sorry just a bit frustrated with mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
System preferences > Time Machine look at the bottom check the box show Time Machine status in the menu bar.
Not really I use both your just use to Windows, look at the bright side when you learn
OSX you will be diversified.

OP
J
Reaction score
Oh there on right side top menu ok, thanks i might get used to mac, but i have used Dos and ms windows now for nearly 20 years, i have beta tested windows 2000 and xp plus a lot of other programs.
Installed and built computers at university, but i still find mac not logical.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.