10.7.1 - Still having wireless issues

Reaction score
Got the new 10.7.1 patch and the notes said one of the fixes addressed multiple wireless issues. However, when waking up from sleep mode it still doesn't automatically reconnect about 90% of the time. I'll watch it and it says "Looking for Networks" over and over again and it actually shows my network in the list of those found but won't connect. I have to turn Wi-fi off and then back on again manually and it'll connect almost instantly. Anyone else still having this issue?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I moved your post to the correct forum. Does not belong in "OS X......"

What kind of encryption are you using from your router? WEP? WPA? WPA2?

If you're using WEP, this is a known problem in that it sometimes will not re-connect after sleep or hibernate. WEP is not secure, so if you're using it switch to WPA or better yet WPA2.

Another reason it's not reconnecting may be due to a weak signal or interference from other devices. Move the router closer if possible, change the channel your router is broadcasting on.

Also, make sure your router is broadcasting the SSID. (name of your network)

OP
G
Reaction score
Sorry about that. There was another thread about this very same issue pre-patch and it was multiple pages long so I thought I was posting in the proper area.

I'm using WPA2, my SSID is broadcasting and the wireless router is literally 21ft. away unobstructed it's on an open shelf and the opposite corner of my bedroom.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Your router doesn't have its channel set to auto does it? If so try setting it to 1, 6 or 11. It may help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.