Quicktime 7 is awful

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
I recently updates my old trustworthy quicktime 6 to quicktime 7. Now most streaming videos online don't work. i need access to these videos for work. No avi suppost in 7, files and playlists not recognized. Anyone know why updating to quicktime 7 actually was more like a downgrade from 6? Anyone know how to fix this? Anyone have the same problem?

S

sursuciofla

jaster said:
I recently updates my old trustworthy quicktime 6 to quicktime 7. Now most streaming videos online don't work. i need access to these videos for work. No avi suppost in 7, files and playlists not recognized. Anyone know why updating to quicktime 7 actually was more like a downgrade from 6? Anyone know how to fix this? Anyone have the same problem?

Do you run Tiger or Panther? If you run Panther then just go here:

http://www.macintouch.com/quicktime7.html

There is a direct link to download 6.5 and it gets rid of 7. I had to do that so I could move Pro 6 to another area on my hdd so I could install quicktime 7 without it writing over Pro 6. I haven't had problems with 7 but it is nothing special over 6 to me.

EDIT: I found this at a message site:
Most of my movies won't play properly with QT 7.0.2 player. They are very choppy, they stall and can't be rewound or fast-forwarded, and the menus become very sluggish. FPS rates from the Get Info window jump from between 38FPS to 0.02 FPS. Feels like Windows Media Player. Opening the movies up in QT 6.5.2 Player fixes the issue and restores FPS rates to a consistent 30FPS (1GHz TiBook), so it appears to be a bug in QT 7.0.2 Player.

Here is the site:
http://www.versiontracker.com/users/MatrixPT

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Thanks Sursuciofla, i see that i am not the only one that hates the new quicktime. just wish i had read that prior to downloading 7.0. I tried the 6 re-installer, but that only works if the old version is still on your hard-drive. My old version was wiped clean when the new version was installed. I even tried totally wiping version 7 off my hd and then re-loading the older version. NOGO, says there is a new version already on the drive. After reading more posts on other sites, i see that the only way to revert back to the older version is with a total OS re-install. UUUGGGHHHH Too much in itunes to make that feasible. Guess i am stuck. Thats what you get for downloading apple software updates without researching them first. Does anyone know how to make windows media or reaplayer my default streaming video player?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.