How to transfer songs to iPhone?

Reaction score
but I have a Iphone that's 3G, but all I wanted to do was get the tunes off my Itunes library and download that to my phone!
I've got thousands of songs on my itunes, so I don't need to buy anything from the Iturnes store.
when I connect my iPhone to my computer to charge it up, it automatically downloads any photos I've taken to my Iphoto, not that I really wanted to do that, but it does it anyway.
However, it won't let me transfer files from the Itunes library to my Iphone.
Someone suggested I needed to update my Itunes app on my computer, but I don't think it's that old....

Please give me some advice as how to get these tunes off Itunes and transfer to the Iphone.
Also, isn't there a website somewhere that tells you much of how to work an Iphone? I would think so....
TIA
LTMU;)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Moved post to it's own thread. Please do not hijack someone else's thread with an unrelated issue.

Reaction score
You can use Home Sharing on iTunes; you'll need to setup an iTunes account if you don't already have one. You can also use Dropbox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.