• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Where is a good place to chat with folks from around da world, about all types v stuf

Reaction score
I used to be a big chatroom fan, but lately cannot find good places to chat.

I don't want to go to a chatroom where people are allowed to be rude... but they used to have these QORC chatrooms, and it was great! Folks from all over the world, and the cyberbullies were just put on ignore and were NOT given a chance to beat people up, like they tend to do now, online.

Also, see so many forums where they TELL you you're supposed to be polite, yet the moderators will NOT do anything at all if someone starts picking on you, even stick up for the bullies themselves!
I hate that! I was thinking of starting a website to let people know which websites to stay away from if they didn't like cyberbullies!
I used to do a lot of HTML.. is there chatrooms or forums for that?
Also, like forums about music... definitely a music fan as we've learned a couple of instruments throughout our lifetime!
Well, the thing is, I'm NOT good at googling! I usually NEVER find what I'm looking for when I "google" something, it brings up all sorts of things unrelated to what I asked to find. :(
Well, like to stay in touch with people and chat away, if you know of any good chatrooms, please post them here, Mahalo :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not good at Googling and a big 'net user? You are pulling our whatsits no doubt!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Well, the thing is, I'm NOT good at googling! I usually NEVER find what I'm looking for when I "google" something, it brings up all sorts of things unrelated to what I asked to find. :(
Same here, to a degree. I wouldn't say usually, but often...

Not good at Googling and a big 'net user? You are pulling our whatsits no doubt!
Can't find where OP states "I"m a big net user."

Oh! The question...
Have you tried googling it? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I used to be a big chatroom fan

Would that not indicate a fair amount of time on the 'net?

OP
L
Reaction score
No, cuz we didn't have a computer back then. We were on the WebTV thing, which was good fun...
You could do HTML, make pages, all sorts of creative stuff.

Yup, I don't find Google to be too helpful. What are your favorites search engines members?
Google sure isn't mine! also, is there a "certain way" you're supposed to type something when you're googling?
Do you have to put stuff in quotations marks or something.

SO... what's a good place to find chatrooms at?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
no one's answering my questions about the chatrooms, :(

The reason why folks may not be answering your questions about chat rooms is...maybe they don't have any answers. This is a Macintosh internet forum...and we primarily discuss Macintosh related topics & help folks who are having Macintosh related issues. The best places to ask about chat rooms are chat rooms themselves.

The bottom line about chat rooms is...there are probably 1000's of them on the internet. You need to do the searching to find chat rooms that you are comfortable with...and chat rooms that chat about the topics that you're interested in.

My 2 cents,:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.