To do

Reaction score
Hey All

Perhaps I am expecting too much, but is there an App out there that is a great "to do" app. SOmething that I could sync both from my IMac and iPhone. SOmething that would sync well with ICal. And something that is free.

I know I am sorta asking the world lol, but anything out there like that?

Or what do you do for organizing your calendar and to do list?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2
If you wait for iOS5 they are building that in as far as I can see :)

Reaction score
I haven't found an answer to this one yet since switching to Apple from Windows last winter I'm waiting to see what comes with ios5 and iCloud. Rumors are interesting. Meanwhile I'm back to a little black notebook.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
There are some basic To Do features built into the Mac version of iCal. I am just starting to take a look eat these features but they should synch well. I just checked out this video earlier tonight to get a handle on what is possible. MacMost Now 564: iCal To Do Reminders

Found that url earlier tonight and it was still open in a tab in my browser.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There's Wunderlist - it's a To Do app that has a web, OS X and iOS version (not to mention Windows and Android) that sync with each other.

OP
J
Reaction score
Things

Has anyone ever tried an app called things? It looks a little pricey but it appears to do what I want and it looks like it will sync between my touch and iMac.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Never tried Things but what about my suggestion? I use Wunderlist to sync tasks between my iPod Touch and MB. Wunderlist is also free.

OP
J
Reaction score
I actually have evernote and use it and enjoy it. But I use it in a different way. I use it if I am out and need to write down a note, I actually really like the feature where I can sorta attach a webpage I have been surfing.

But, I am sorta looking for something more than just a way to "note" stuff.

I'd like a way to be able to set a task, attach a date to it, check it off when its done, organize it by priority. I realize in theory I could set evernote to be organized that way, but I don't think its really designed to be used like that.

Don't get me wrong I love it for the way I use it, but just looking for something a little more To DO oriented. i.e. The GTD model.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't get me wrong I love it for the way I use it, but just looking for something a little more To DO oriented. i.e. The GTD model.

When you mentioned the GTD model I thought of an overview that might be helpful. ATPM 17.02 - Next Actions: GTD for iOS/iPad. There have been a number of other ATPM articles discussing GTD applications but this one focuses on IOS devices.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hope that helped a bit. I need to re-read it and loot for something to track projects/deadlines. I am jut using iCal right now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.