HELP! iPhoto deleted all my content!!

Reaction score
I was browsing through my videos and iPhoto randomly stopped saying it needed to rebuild my library because of inconsistencies. I said "ok" because I didn't really have a choice. It froze while "rebuilding," shut down and when I opened it all 350 videos are gone! I am freeeeaking out! I honestly don't know what to do. I NEED these videos. Are they recoverable?

C

chas_m

No problem, you can reimport the videos from your backup.

It does sound to me like iPhoto found a fault on your hard drive. I would be updating your stuff religiously from now on if you weren't doing it before.

OP
K
Reaction score
No problem, you can reimport the videos from your backup.

It does sound to me like iPhoto found a fault on your hard drive. I would be updating your stuff religiously from now on if you weren't doing it before.

Okay, what do you mean I can reimport them from my backup? I uploaded them from a memory card, and the memory card is erased. (Sorry if i'm totally missing something, i'm not very good with Macs and i'm doing this for a friend for now)

C

chas_m

I'm referring to your Time Machine backup, which automatically updates your backup every hour. I'm assuming you had the videos/photos on the machine for at least an hour.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.