Odd screen behavior

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17"
Dock icons suddenly appeared on my laptop MacBook Pro 17" running Snow Leopard as ghostly images.
For about 2 " high from the top edge of the dock there are vertical black, fine lines completely across the entire screen.
Behind the black,fine lines,from the top edge of the dock to about 1 " above the highest black, fine line there are faint but visible vertical bars of varying widths and varying colors.
I was using mail when it first showed up, but it shows up in Safari also.

A restart will elinimate all this, but only temporarily.

Just noticed that when I scroll from left edge to right edge a vertical bar, about ⅛' thich running from bottom edge of screen to just above the fine, black lines moves at the same speed as my scrolling.
And, as I was typing this message, ( the sentence about restart ) all these weird behaviors disappeared. So, I waited about 10 minutes and it all popped back.
I hit the keys required to get a screen shot and all the weird stuff disapeared. Hit those keys again but the stuff did not come back.
Anybody ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Keep trying to get a screen shot. If it fails to show up on a screen shot, it could be caused by a defective LCD. Let us know.

OP
Lorrdon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17"
OK, will do. Right now the problem is not visible, once it comes back I will try for a screen shot again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.