Fitting Memory

T

timboellis

I got my memory today 512 of sodimm just need the iBook now.

Anyway my point is that I have seen how you fit the memory, however it says you have to pull out the keyboard ribbon cable.

Do you realy need to as to prior experience with ribbon cables on HDD drives etc. they never go back on right, or is the Ibook cable got an actual plug on the end of the system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
You can leave the cable in. You will just have to take the keyboard off and set the keyboard in the trackpad area upside down. To even take the cable out you have to take off the cover for the ram, so there isn't a whole lot of reason to take it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
its easy,
open the screw on the keyboard
pull up the keyboard
take air port socket out
pop in the new ram

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
if it is a new system, you wont even have to worry about the airport, its right there on top- just take off the cover under the keyboard.

Reaction score
Dont be worried - I have had bad experiences with ribbon cable but you are not detaching the cable from the clamp - it is removing the plug that binds the cable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.