OS X Lion, Will i Lose it?

Reaction score
I am selling my Macbook and i have OS X Lion installed on it, i need to do a full clean restore of the Mac so i can sell it, will i lose OX S Lion??

Any feedback appreciated!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The lion purchase is part of your iTunes account. You can redownload it from iTunes when you get a new mac

OP
D
Reaction score
The lion purchase is part of your iTunes account. You can redownload it from iTunes when you get a new mac

What i mean is, I'm trying to sell it and say you know, It has Lion installed on it. Will the person still have Lion on the Mac I'm selling??

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What i mean is, I'm trying to sell it and say you know, It has Lion installed on it. Will the person still have Lion on the Mac I'm selling??

If Lion is installed on this computer you're selling...where would it go after it's sold? If Lion is installed...it's installed.;)

- Nick

OP
D
Reaction score
If Lion is installed on this computer you're selling...where would it go after it's sold? If Lion is installed...it's installed.;)

- Nick

Touche, but, im restoring it back to Factory Settings?? Will that not discard to the first software installed on it?? Leopard?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Touche, but, im restoring it back to Factory Settings?? Will that not discard to the first software installed on it?? Leopard?

Ahh...that makes the situation a bit more clear. But I'm still a bit confused. You mentioned that:

- this computer currently has Lion installed on it
- you mentioned that you want to do reset the computer to "factory settings"
- and you mentioned something about "Leopard"...but you really didn't make this part clear.

So my question is:

- What OS install disk are you using to reset this computer back to factory settings?

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.