• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Please forgive me: AVI to DVD help

S

skuterbug1200

Hello all,
Thank you for taking the time to read yet another one of these posts. I apologize upfront for asking the same questuions again, but I am having a terrible time. After 3 months with my new mac laptop, never had one before, I have had to learn so much my brain is fried. I have given up trying to figure this out and come to you as a last resort. In the past month I have read hundreds of forum posts and message board tutorials all sending me in different directions. I think what I need is a simple and personal walk through to help me figure this out. I have followed countless directions downloading apps, codecs, converters, plugins the works, and have had very little success. All I want to do is make a playable DVD copy of 2 AVI files (One full movie, part 1 and 2) and have the following tools:

Toast 6
FFMpegX (With mpeg2enc, mplayer and mencoder)
Divx Doctor 2
Xvid codec
AC3 codec
mAC3dec 1.6.3
DVD2Onex 1.4.2
3IVX D4 4.5.1

please help, I have tried and tried and come up with an infinite assortment of coasters and dead ends

Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.