Lion Grab of Full Screen

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how to use Lion's Grab app to capture a region of a full screen Safari window?

Thanks

Mike

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Shift-Command-4 is the magic key combo (you don't need Grab open for this). Click and drag a square.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the standard keyboard shortcuts. However, I am trying to learn how Grab works and how I can use it to accompliish the same things. Unfortunately, I just can't seem to get the steps correct.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If say you have Safari in a full screen, you want to use Grab there? That so far I can't figure out, and what Van suggested works so easily, I would just use that method. If it's in a window it's easy. You hit (in Grab) Capture/Selection, then select the area.

So far I do not see a way to do that in a Full Screen window of an application with Grab.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for checking it out. Sorta limits the usefulness of grab. I thought that grab might be intended to replace the keystrokes eventually. I have a SnagIt license and may install it. It is my main screen capture on Windows.

Regards,

Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.