New iWorks?

Reaction score
It has been so long since an update on iWorks (09) that now I feel they may abandon it altogether and just make a deal with Microsoft Office for Mac.

But really... what is going on?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I kind of want a new iWorks too, even though I do have the new Office I still use Pages more often. >_<"

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Note: I moved this thread moved to more appropriate forum. Please read before posting in Rumors & Reports.

I have a feeling iWork will eventually become cloud-based. I'll be interested to see what changes happen when iCloud goes live.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple recently updated Pages, Keynote, and Numbers to be compatible with Lion. I expect iWork is a thing of the past as it appears Apple will be selling the applications separately.

Reaction score
I live and die by Pages and Keynote. I'm suspect we'll be seeing quite a few program rewrite once iCloud gets settled in. That's where they seem to be concentrating for now,

C

chas_m

I'm not worried about iWork's future. As indicated, Apple already sells the apps separately on the Mac App Store, so maybe the "iWork" name might fade away, but the apps themselves will definitely be carrying on, in my opinion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.