Mic not working!!

T

The Fly

I use my built-in mic to record in Garage Band, or at least I did until it stopped working. I have sent my iBook (G3/900/12) in for repairs twice, and I only noticed the mic not working after the second repair. Is it possible the techs forgot to reconnect the internal mic connection after performing the repair? IS there an easy way to check the connection, or should I bring it into an Apple store? It has been several months since the repair, so I don't know if they would help me for free.

OP
P

prodikal

I would go check and see if the store would do it for free before trying to fix yourself, that way if something gets messed up you arent responsible for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
The Fly said:
I use my built-in mic to record in Garage Band, or at least I did until it stopped working. I have sent my iBook (G3/900/12) in for repairs twice, and I only noticed the mic not working after the second repair. Is it possible the techs forgot to reconnect the internal mic connection after performing the repair? IS there an easy way to check the connection, or should I bring it into an Apple store? It has been several months since the repair, so I don't know if they would help me for free.

U R right they could have forgoten to plug it back in. Leave it to them to fix it. if they dont repair it, take a look at an external mic. they probally work better than the internal one anyway.

OP
T

The Fly

Thanks... unfortunately the nearest Apple store is at least two hours away... maybe I'll make it there eventually. If I want to use an external, I'd need to buy a USB interface, which I actually plan on doing anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.