updated 10.7 to 10.7.1.. lost my external

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Hey all,
I just had a scare.
I updated from 10.7 to 10.7.1 and then a little bit later the TM back up failed.
I verified the drive and repaired it, still wouldn't back up. I checked finder and it didn't show the drive, even though it was in my disc utility.

I couldn't select the mount button, and when i could select eject it beach balled for a split second each time but the drive did not disappear.

Manually unplugged it from the iMac, plugged it back in (no power button on the ext HD).

Got on google, went at it. Few minutes later I noticed the TM menu icon went from having the X over the clock (or what ever the emblem is , to having the standard clock it has now.

I backed up on its own, and I initiated another backup for good measure.

If this happens to you just relax and i guess do what i did. the drive is a Seagate FYI

A ? has arisen during the googling time. I read that I shouldn't update with peripherals plugged in.

Is that accurate?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.