d/l airprint activator from macupdate, ipad still not find printer

Reaction score
C

chas_m

1. Is the host computer (your Mac mani) ON and *AWAKE* when you are trying to print?
2. Is the printer on when you are trying to print?

I just tested it with my setup (original iPad, sent via BlackBook running Lion, to Epson Stylus Photo R280) -- worked perfectly.

OP
B
Reaction score
1. Is the host computer (your Mac mani) ON and *AWAKE* when you are trying to print?
2. Is the printer on when you are trying to print?

I just tested it with my setup (original iPad, sent via BlackBook running Lion, to Epson Stylus Photo R280) -- worked perfectly.

affirmative to both. did you have any versions of airprint already in Lion? I don't think Snow Leopard had it, or if it did, it only worked with select recent HP wireless.

printer is epson stylus nx420 (EPSON 16DA32), mac mini running snow leopard 10.6.8

C

chas_m

I am using Airprint Activator 2.0b12, which hasn't been updated since before Lion came out. I see there is a slightly newer one (b16) but as it says in the description "if it's working you already, no need to upgrade."

There is also a warning in the MacUpdate listing about not having the firewall on (it shouldn't be on at all anyway). Maybe that's the issue?

OP
B
Reaction score
my firewall is set to allow all incoming connection, so I do not think that is the problem

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You'll never "know" if that's the problem until you turn it off, at least temporarily, to see if that fixes it.

OP
B
Reaction score
You'll never "know" if that's the problem until you turn it off, at least temporarily, to see if that fixes it.

turn what off? Firewall is off.

At this point, I'd **** on a sparkplug if I thought it would do any good.:Mischievous:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
affirmative to both. did you have any versions of airprint already in Lion? I don't think Snow Leopard had it, or if it did, it only worked with select recent HP wireless.

printer is epson stylus nx420 (EPSON 16DA32), mac mini running snow leopard 10.6.8

Dan, if I may jump in here, Epson has two iPad apps called "Epson iPrint" and "PrintJinni" that may work on your Epson printer. I'm currently using them on my iPad 2. The only downside is that it will not work with iWorks. It does work with DropBox among other programs.

Hope this was some help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.