Hello! First time Mac owner having some trouble.

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Mo and I'm having a bit of of a problem with my Mac. I bought this Mac on the 13th of August and every time I watch a video, I get:

23w37sh.png

I could be watching a video and all of a sudden, that happens. This has happened 2-3 times this week. The computer hasn't been abused and the first thing I did was get an incase hardshell case for it.

It's a 2011 Macbook Pro i7. I have an appointment today, but I would first like to know would I be getting my laptop replaced with a new one? The ones they give people in store are new? Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
If you purchased it at that store within 14 days, then they should be willing to replace it if it's a hardware issue, but two things are telling me it's not. First, the ABC logo and the 7 are displayed properly, leading me to think it's the data stream from the servers to the affiliate website, not from the affiliate to you. It also implies the issue is not an overall video issue, as those images are clear and presented properly, but the underlying video content is not. In addition, the bands of distortion would extend into the black bands top and bottom of the screen if it were a hardware issue.

If the issue is occurring with video content from multiple sites, then I could be mistaken, but that's my diagnosis based on the image above.

As far as store inventory, all inventory should be brand new from the store. However, if the computer was purchased from another reseller, you should return it there. Apple Stores are not obligated to replace anything not purchased from them - it would be like purchasing something from Target and trying to return it at Best Buy.

OP
H
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and try to see if this happens again on another website. Thanks for the quick response!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.