new mbp battery question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I have a 2 month old 13" mbp. I usually let the battery run down to 20% or so then charge it back to 100%. I noticed that it showed a full charge at 96%.

I've run coconut battery app. and it shows that the current capacity is 5424. Total design capacity is 5770. So my batteries capacity is running at 94%.

I let the computer completely discharge yesterday and charged it overnight. The numbers have not changed.

Does this sound right? Is it "normal" to "lose" 6% of the batteries capacity in just a couple of months?

Thanks in advance.

John

Reaction score
I recently bought my mbp"17 and i noticed the same, I also tend to plug it into the wall even if it is not drained all the way..
my battery is now at 95% health at just 59 cycles.
my other macbook (alloy unibody 2009) is also at 95% and that one is two years old!
seems to me that the quality of the batteries is going down comparing to previous MacBook models.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.