Changing Application Icons

Reaction score
I am trying to change application icons, system icons, etc. to black. I used a .icns file to replace the iTunes.icns default file, but all that appears is the rendering image icon (or whatever). What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind. I don't know what I did differently, but it took more than one install.

For anyone who wants to know how to change the iTunes default icon, open Applications in finder, right click iTunes, select "Show Package Contents," open the Contents folder, Open Resources folder, replace old iTunes.icns with new iTunes.icns. Restart system.

OP
I
Reaction score
I did the following to change the finder icon:
"/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources/finder.png" There You Can Change The Finder Icon, The Trash Icon, And Even The Little Poof Thing When You Get Rid Of Dock Files, I Made Mine Black.

But it doesnt change the finder's appearance on the dock..but the black .png is in there...

screenshot20110819at240.png

but not on the dock!! ***?

OP
I
Reaction score
Got it!!! You have to find this: com.apple.dock.iconcache and delete it

beautiful

screenshot20110819at245.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Which folder is that in, Ismus?

Reaction score
Change Thumbnail for Dashboard in Mission Control

This is DRIVING ME NUTS! I searched all over trying to figure out how to tile a photo so I can change the thumbnail for Dashboard in Mission Control. I followed these...

Change Dashboards Lego Background Wallpaper in Mac OS X Lion

....basic these steps to change the Dashboard background, but can't figure out how to "tile" a dang photo!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.