iWeb publishing via FTP

Reaction score
I'm switching my website from MobileMe to a new host. It uploads fine for the most part via FTP on iWeb except for pages with lots of graphics and especially pages with photo albums. It gives me an error message to contact my ISP which I have done and it's working fine on their end. I've never used separate FTP software but if I publish my website to my desktop, then upload it with the new FTP software, will it write over the files already at the host? Also, what FTP software would you recommend?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2010 MacBook Pro 13 Inch
Sounds to me like it is the fault of your hosting server. Could you tell me where you are currently hosting it now and did you purchase a .com domain name. Also what do you mean by FTP software?

OP
C
Reaction score
It's being hosted at iPage. I had iPage check my site and they didn't think it was their problem. I then contacted my ISP and they checked it out and it wasn't their problem. I decided it must be the FTP feature in iWeb. I downloaded Cyberduck and tried to upload the site with it and, low and behold, it worked fine. It seems the problem was iWeb. Everything is working great now. The site is www.thosechampions.com.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2010 MacBook Pro 13 Inch
I also tend to have a problem uploading from iWeb via FTP however there is many other ways to do it by downloading software from the web. :) Though I recently learned HTML, CSS, PHP and some Javascript and it is a lot easier to make websites with that using dreamweaver. :p It seems to me apple just really wants you to use Mobile Me.

OP
C
Reaction score
I agree that Apple wanted MobleMe used; however, with the demise of MobileMe and being replaced by iCloud, I don't think it is true any more.

Reaction score
Trouble PUblishing

Champ, what is cyberduck? I just posted a thread with a similar problem. I used to have no trouble publishing iweb via my ftp provider (1&1), but now am having problems. I've checked ftp provider, and done a host of tests, and there's no problem on their end. What's the solution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
another vote for Cyberduck. Excellent software and it warns you about overwrites etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.