Reaction score
This driving me crazy, please advise. Avatars and signatures are getting very complexed. When I am in a forum and the user posting has an elaborate avatar or signature (animated or revolving) my internet freezes up until the information is caught up. How can I keep this from happening? Is my video card just too old and slow, am I using the wrong web browser, is my macbook that out of date, or is there a way to shut this feature off on websites? I've recently used cleanmymac to see if this may help any. If it helps watching videos on the net also slow down and make the computer work extra hard as well. What can I do?
Here's the basics of my macbook;
Bought in '07.
Macbook 13" (black case)
2.16 G Intel Core Duo processor
1GB memory
using Safari browser

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your machine could use some more system memory but it's likely other things that are slowing it down. Stay away from "snake oil" applications like Clean My Mac, Mac Keeper, and others. Download the free maintenance utility OnyX and use to speed things up. It works well and will not harm your machine.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Use OnyX and see what it shows "The Other Things Are". :) That's why I suggested it. Give it a try.

OP
G
Reaction score
Well...I've learned why people use different web browsers. Grabbing for straws I decided to open Firefox just on a thought and found out it worked.
First I tried my wife's mac and found that her's did the same thing with Safari.
So decided to open Firefox just to see if it still freezes on the website and was amazed that the website didn't lock up. Seems there is a reason to use different browsers. I didn't think there was anything wrong with my mac...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.