Outlook mail/iPhone question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
I am trying to get my work email on my iphone, but I’m having a problem doing so. The company uses Outlook 2007 and when I tried to set it up, it won’t verify. I followed the steps, but I don’t see where the servers are. I found one server titled BIGBOX.companyname.local, but don’t see anything else. The resident IT guy said that he’s been having trouble because Apple wants the newest certificates and we don’t have those, but may in a few months. If there isn’t a way to get the mail directly on the phone, is there a workaround? Thanks

Reaction score
Hey there,

the server name you posted above is just a local server. So let's say you are in your work building, they have wireless network and you'd connect your iPhone to it, you can connect to this server. I'm guessing your company uses Exchange, so you could set it up that way. Once you turn off wireless on the phone or leave the building this email account won't work anymore. For that case you need to talk to your IT team. The reason being is that Exchange is often blocked by firewalls for security reasons. If you are lucky they have imap or pop activated and you have to ask your IT team what the server address is for that.

I had to set those things up at my work here because it's a full Blackberry environment. For those we don't need any email ports (Exchange, imap, pop, ..) open on the firewall. I had to set up smtp as in: smtp.mycompany.com. It might not be super trivial to set it up though.

Hope you can work this out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.