I have some question for early 2011 MBP

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just bought MBP and I have some questions to ask.

-I charged for the first time my MBP with a macbook air's charger(because my dad forgot the charger). Is this going to affect my battery?

-How should I charge my battery? When I am at home should I fully charge and unplug it or just leave the plug in?

-I do not understand why when I open Mozilla the graphic card switches to the AMD. Is mozilla this graphic intensive?

-While on AMD I try to change to the Intel one, however the battery time decreases.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The MacBook Air charger is not designed to charge a MacBook Pro since the MBP battery capacity is larger. It won't harm the battery but may not fully charge it and could possibly get hot in the process.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Firefox itself isn't that resource intensive, however the newer versions do have GPU acceleration, if this is enabled it will use the discrete card. That said, so will the flash plugin for Firefox. If you disable hardware acceleration in the preferences (under the General tab), and restart it shouldn't start the discrete card initially (until you run flash that is, and you'd be somewhat surprised what sites use flash).

OP
D
Reaction score
thank you for your help,

If someone can answer the other questions too

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.