DVD Authoring

Reaction score
I've done quite a bit of googling on this and am still a little unsure about the details...

I'm working on an amateur DVD project using Final Cut Pro X and, thanks to Apple's policy of basically abandoning optical media, I'm looking for a good DVD authoring solution.

Right now I've been able to get some reasonable results using the Garage Band workaround and iDVD (to get custom placed chapter markers) but I was wondering if there is a more practical method.

The results I'm getting from iDVD are just about OK for the project. But it's a hassle and slow. And I'm apprehensive about how it's going to perform further along the project when I have a lot more footage and sub menu's to include!

So basically I'm asking if there is any good software available, that can work with FCP X, for authoring the DVD menu's etc.

FYI, FCP X has no facility for adding chapter markers so I have to export the movie to Garage Band, add the chapters, and then send to iDVD!

Well thanks for your time, any advice/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.